Call For Abstracts
The International Society For Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) is currently welcoming submissions for abstracts to be presented at the ISCD Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, MN from April 29 to May 2, 2020.
Abstract submissions should describe original findings of clinical or scientific merit and relate to Osteoporosis and/or Fracture Prevention, Diagnosis or Treatment, Bone Densitometry or Body Composition. Abstracts should align with one of the following themes:
- Treatment: Osteoporosis and Other Conditions
- Clinical Studies and Observations
- Central DXA: (DXA, TBS)
- Risk Assessment and Epidemiology
- Morphometric Measurements: (Body Composition / Vertebral Fracture Recognition / Hip Geometry)
- Non Central DXA: (QCT / pQCT / QUS / pDXA / FEA)
- Best Clinical Case
It is expected that all accepted abstracts will be posted at the Annual Meeting. Accepted abstracts and award winners will be presented as posters and/or oral presentations.
Abstracts accepted by the Abstract Review Committee and posted at the meeting may be published in a forthcoming issue of the Journal of Clinical Densitometry. Poster presenters must attend the Annual Meeting for the abstract to be published in the Journal of Clinical Densitometry.
Technologists, residents, students, trainees, and fellows are encouraged to submit abstracts.
Those invited to present posters will receive specific information regarding these requirements with their acceptance notice. All presenters will be required to register for the meeting.
Young Investigator’s Award
You may be eligible for a Young Investigator Award. ALL the following requirements must be met:
- The awardee must be the first and presenting author;
- The awardee must be within five (5) years of completion of a Ph.D. or residency training (for M.D., D.D.S., D.O., or their equivalent) OR a Technologist within five (5) years of entering the field or graduating from an approved program; and
- The awardee must never have been a recipient of an ISCD Young Investigator Award.
Qualifications and Eligibility
All authors must adhere to the following when submitting an abstract for ISCD Annual Meeting.
- The research described in the abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures written in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association, and the NIH Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, 1985, and refer to the policy established by your Institutional Review Board.
- Authors of an abstract describing a study funded by an organization with a proprietary or financial interest must identify the organization and affirm that they had full access to all the data in the study. By doing so, they accept complete responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
- If the manuscript associated with the abstract has appeared or will appear in print or online, on or before April 29, 2020, the abstract is not eligible for oral presentation and if accepted will be presented for Poster Presentation Only.
- The following guidelines apply to previously presented abstracts:
- Abstracts presented orally or as a poster at a prior ISCD Annual Meeting may not be submitted for either poster or oral presentation.
- Abstracts presented (poster or oral) at major U.S. national, and other national and international meetings may not be submitted for an oral presentation at the ISCD 2020 Annual Meeting and should be marked “Poster Presentation Only”.
- If you have previously presented the material in your abstract at another meeting and aren’t sure about its eligibility for oral presentation at the ISCD 2020 Annual Meeting, please mark “Poster Presentation Only” on the submission form or contact ISCD for advice before submitting the abstract.
Abstracts are limited to 2,500 characters, excluding author information and title. Abstracts may contain images and tables which can be uploaded in the abstract submission portal (link below). You will need to enter contact information about all the authors, and you must disclose any relationship which may pose a conflict of interest with CME. For each author, please complete the online ISCD Disclosure Form or fill out this PDF Disclosure Form
|Abstract Submission Site Opens||September 20, 2019|
|Abstract Submission Closes||December 6, 2019|
|Acceptance Notification||February 10, 2020|
|Author Meeting Registration Deadline||March 10, 2020|
|Deadline for Withdrawals||March 30, 2020|
To create a profile and submit your abstract, click SUBMIT ABSTRACT and follow the step by step process